All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWhen you think of marketing you may think of the adverts that pop up at the side of your screen or the billboards you see when you're out - all those moments in the day when somebody is trying to grab your attention and sell you something! Marketing is about advertising and communications in part, but it's also about many other things which all aim to create value for customers, from product research and invation to after-care service and maintaining relationships. It's a rich and fascinating area of management waiting to be explored - so welcome to Marketing! Jim Blythe's Principles and Practice of Marketing will ease you into the complexities of Marketing to help you achieve success in your studies and get the best grade. It provides plenty of engaging real-life examples, including brands you kw such as Netflix and PayPal - marketing is t just about products, but services too. Marketing changes as the world changes, and this textbook is here to help, keeping you up to speed on key topics such as digital techlogies, globalization and being green. The companion website offers a wealth of resources for both students and lecturers and is available at www.sagepub.co.uk/blythe3e. An electronic inspection copy is also available for instructors.
- Author BiographyJim Blythe is Visiting Professor of Marketing at University of Plymouth, UK. Jim Blythe has been a Merchant Navy officer, a ladies hairdresser, a business consultant, a rock musician, a truck driver, a company director and an award-winning playwright all before becoming an academic - he always planned on having a varied life and likes learning new skills. Currently he is trying to learn to grow vegetables (with limited success...), but he has a pilot's licence and has learned to play drums in a samba band, so the beat goes on. Jim has written 18 books, over 50 journal articles, and has contributed chapters to 8 other books. He has taught overseas, written open-learning packs for international training organisations and has been a Senior Examiner for the Chartered Institute of Marketing. His next venture is to study for a degree in modern languages - having left school at 16 he thinks it's time to get the education he missed out on. He holds four real degrees (including one fake), and therefore feels somewhat irritated that he is mainly known for winning the Cardiff heat of the TV show, Come Dine With Me. Perhaps the latest editions of his textbooks will help redress the balance a little...
- Author(s)Jim Blythe
- PublisherSAGE Publications Ltd
- Date of Publication05/11/2013
- SubjectBusiness, Accounting & Vocational: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintSAGE Publications Ltd
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight1882 g
- Width195 mm
- Height265 mm
- Spine33 mm
- Edition Statement3rd Revised edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $99.54
- AU $25.79Trending at AU $26.18
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.78
- AU $33.32Trending at AU $36.33
- AU $19.99Trending at AU $22.99
- AU $36.16Trending at AU $49.55
- AU $18.16Trending at AU $21.18
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.