All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.15
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $117.64
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $108.68
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $52.42
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $105.63
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $89.41
- AU $86.99Trending at AU $97.42
About this product
- DescriptionErrors of many kinds abound in Akkadian writings, but this fact's far-reaching implications have never been unraveled and systematized. To attempt this is the aim of this book. Drawing on scholarship from other fields, it outlines a framework for the critical evaluation of extant text and the formulation of conjectural emendations. Along the way, it explores issues at the interface of orthography, textual transmission, scribal education, grammar, literacy, and literary interpretation.
- Author BiographyMartin Worthington, School of Oriental and African Studies, London, UK.
- Author(s)Martin Worthington
- PublisherWalter de Gruyter Inc
- Date of Publication01/06/2012
- SubjectLiterary Criticism
- Series TitleStudies in Ancient Near Eastern Records (SANER)
- Series Part/Volume Numberv. 1
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintWalter de Gruyter Inc
- Weight671 g
- Width155 mm
- Height230 mm
- Spine30 mm
- Interest AgeCollege Graduate Student
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.