Principles of Biochemistry by Marc Perry, David Rawn, Gray Scrimgeour, Laurence A. Moran, Robert Horton (Hardback, 2011)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $177.89+ AU $10.00 postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by roxy*books
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $148.43+ AU $4.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.37
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $72.79
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.04
- AU $46.34Trending at AU $48.02
- AU $81.00Trending at AU $83.85
- AU $20.00Trending at AU $28.27
- AU $31.65Trending at AU $34.22
About this product
- DescriptionPrinciples of Biochemistry provides a concise introduction to fundamental concepts of biochemistry, striking the right balance of rigor and detail between the encyclopedic volumes and the cursory overview texts available today. Widely praised for accuracy, currency, and clarity of exposition, the Fifth Edition offers a new student-friendly design, an enhanced visual program, new Application Boxes, contemporary research integrated throughout, and updated end-of-chapter problems.
- Author BiographyLaurence A. Moran After earning his Ph.D from Princeton University in 1974, Professor Moran spent four years at the Universite de Geneve in Switzerland. He has been a member of the Department of Biochemistry at the University of Toronto since 1978, specializing in molecular biology and molecular evolution. His research findings on heat-shock genes have been published in many scholarly journals. H. Robert Horton Dr. Horton, who received his Ph.D from the University of Missouri in 1962, is William Neal Reynolds Professor Emeritus and Alumni Distinguished Professor Emeritus in the Department of Biochemistry at North Carolina State University, where he served on the faculty for over 30 years. Most of Professor Horton's research was in protein and enzyme mechanisms. K. Gray Scrimgeour Professor Scrimgeour received his doctorate from the University of Washington in 1961 and has been a faculty member at the University of Toronto since 1967. He is the author of The Chemistry and Control of Enzymatic Reactions (1977, Academic Press), and his work on enzymatic systems has been published in more than 50 professional journal articles during the past 40 years. From 1984--1992, he was editor of the journal Biochemistry and Cell Biology. Marc D. Perry After earning his Ph.D. from the University of Toronto in 1988, Dr. Perry trained at the University of Colorado, where he studied sex determination in the nematode C. elegans. In 1994 he returned to the University of Toronto as a faculty member in the department of Molecular and Medical Genetics. His research has focused on developmental genetics, meiosis and bioinformatics. In 2004 he joined the Heart & Stroke / Richard Lewar Centre of Excellence in Cardiovascular Research in the University of Toronto's Faculty of Medicine.
- Author(s)David Rawn,Gray Scrimgeour,Laurence A. Moran,Marc Perry,Robert Horton
- PublisherPearson Education (US)
- Date of Publication01/09/2011
- SubjectScience & Mathematics: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationUpper Saddle River
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPrentice Hall
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations, colour illustrations, black & white line drawings, colour line drawings, black & white tables, figures
- Weight1829 g
- Width221 mm
- Height283 mm
- Spine33 mm
- Edition StatementUnited States ed of 5th revised ed
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.