All listings for this product
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.18
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $85.88
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $22.02
- AU $14.45Trending at AU $21.10
- AU $29.91Trending at AU $39.07
- AU $35.37Trending at AU $37.41
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $53.81
About this product
- DescriptionWritten for the undergraduate Cell Biology course, Principles of Cell Biology provides students with an accessible approach to the fundamental concepts of cell biology. The text focuses on the underlying principles that illustrate both how cells function as well as how we study them. It identifies 10 specific principles of Cell Biology, and devotes a separate chapter to illustrate each. The result is a shift away from the traditional focus on technical details and towards a more integrative view of cellular activity that is flexible and can be tailored to suit students with a broad range of backgrounds. An informal, narrative writing style makes even the most complex concepts accessible to students new to the scientific field, including eliminating much of the technical complexity that many students find intimidating. With a wealth of student and instructor ancillary items to round out the course Principles of Cell Biology is the clear choice for your students. Key Features include: -Ten Principle-based chapters build on the foundation laid out in the first four chapters of the text, with heavy emphasis on linking concepts across multiple chapters. -New vocabulary terms are introduced gradually, after the concepts have been established, thereby de-emphasizing memorization of names. -Marginal boxes throughout each chapter include studying tips, clarifications of apparent contradictions, explanations of naming schemes, FAQ, and more. -Analogies are used throughout to clarify concepts and help students retain the material at hand. -Cellular metabolism, a topic that many student struggle with, is introduced and expanded upon in a very accessible way, providing a big picture approach to the material. -Provides extensive cross referencing between specific figures and sections of text in different chapters to emphasize that multiple topics are functionally, spatially, and temporally linked. -Concept Check questions, at the end of each section, test comprehension of the section, with answers provided at the end of the chapter. -End-of-chapter questions ask students to integrate material across chapter sections and across different chapters.
- Author(s)George Plopper
- PublisherJones and Bartlett Publishers, Inc
- Date of Publication28/12/2011
- SubjectScience & Mathematics: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationSudbury
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintJones and Bartlett Publishers, Inc
- Out-of-print date28/11/2014
- Weight971 g
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.