Principles of Child Protection: Management and Practice by Anne T. Lawrence (Paperback, 2004)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $45.38Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by wordery
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $11.70Free postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by worldofbooks-australia
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThere continues to be a recognized need for cooperation among the major agencies involved in children's welfare today. While retaining their individual automy and authority, agencies need to work together effectively for the well-being of children. Principles of Child Protection examines the topical and growing field of child protection theory and practice. The author reviews the literature on social and cultural definitions and patterns of child abuse, child sexual abuse, and the nature of childhood itself, and examines the forces that have helped to determine current multiagency child protection management. Recommendations are made for the future development of child welfare services. This book is suitable for students on qualifying and post-qualifying courses in social work, social policy, sociology and child protection, as well as child protection practitioners and policy makers.
- Author BiographyAnne T. Lawrence is a professor of management at San Jose State University. She holds a Ph.D. from the University of California, Berkeley, and completed two years of postdoctoral study at Stanford University. Her articles, cases, and reviews have appeared in many journals, including the Academy of Management Review, Administrative Science Quarterly, Case Research Journal, Journal of Management Education, California Management Review, Business and Society Review, Research in Corporate Social Performance and Policy, and Journal of Corporate Citizenship. Her cases in business and society have been reprinted in many textbooks and anthologies. She has served as guest editor of the Case Research Journal for two special issues on business ethics and human rights, and social and environmental entrepreneurship. She served as president of both the North American Case Research Association (NACRA) and the Western Casewriters Association and is a Fellow of NACRA, from which she received a Distinguished Contributor Award in 2014. She received the Emerson Center Award for Outstanding Case in Business Ethics (2004) and the Curtis E. Tate Award for Outstanding Case of the Year (1998, 2009, and 2015). At San Jose State University, she was named Outstanding Professor of the Year in 2005. In 2015, she received a Master Teacher in Ethics Award from The Wheatley Institution at Brigham Young University.
- Author(s)Anne T. Lawrence
- PublisherOpen University Press
- Date of Publication03/04/2004
- LanguageEnglish & English
- SubjectSocial Issues, Services & Welfare
- Series TitleUK Higher Education OUP Humanities & Social Sciences Health & Social Welfare
- Place of PublicationMilton Keynes
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintOpen University Press
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight295 g
- Width60 mm
- Height91 mm
- Spine4 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.30Trending at AU $73.48
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $99.31
- AU $36.78Trending at AU $38.13
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.65
- AU $33.33Trending at AU $36.24
- AU $20.18Trending at AU $24.49
- AU $23.12Trending at AU $33.89
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.