All listings for this product
Consider these sponsored items
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $47.31Trending at AU $49.44
- AU $77.99Trending at AU $116.29
- AU $28.58Trending at AU $31.02
- AU $70.18Trending at AU $77.15
- AU $74.43Trending at AU $76.54
- AU $35.45Trending at AU $39.03
- AU $26.74Trending at AU $37.56
About this product
- DescriptionChinese herbal medicine has become an increasingly popular method of treatment for a range of different health conditions - from eczema to fertility problems. This book presents an authoritative introduction to the fundamentals of Chinese herbal medicine. Covering everything from the history to the most important Chinese herbs and their properties to what to expect from a consultation, the book provides readers with all the key information about the theory and practice of this medical system. It offers advice on how to find a herbalist as well as providing tips on how to improve overall wellbeing. The book also includes patient stories that demonstrate the effectiveness of Chinese herbs when correctly prescribed. A definitive guide to the essentials of this method of treatment, this book is the perfect starting point for anyone wishing to learn about Chinese herbal medicine, whether for personal use or general interest.
- Author BiographyJohn Hicks is joint principal and co-founder of the College of Integrated Chinese Medicine. He has been a practising acupuncturist and Chinese herbalist for 35 years. John graduated from the College of Traditional Acupuncture, Leamington Spa, in 1974, then underwent postgraduate clinical training in Nanjing in 1986 and trained in herbs with Ted Kaptchuk in 1987. He is author of several books on acupuncture and Chinese herbal medicine and teaches herbs and formulae on the Chinese herbal medicine courses at the College of Integrated Chinese Medicine. He lives in Reading, UK.
- Author(s)John Hicks
- PublisherJessica Kingsley Publishers
- Date of Publication15/01/2013
- SubjectAlternative Therapies & Health
- Series TitleDiscovering Holistic Health
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintSinging Dragon
- Weight217 g
- Width130 mm
- Height197 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Edition StatementRevised edition
Explore Buying Guides
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.