All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $3.76Trending at AU $7.42
- AU $27.80Trending at AU $30.93
- AU $19.24Trending at AU $26.96
- AU $29.33Trending at AU $32.03
- AU $71.12Trending at AU $80.38
- AU $13.99Trending at AU $15.78
- AU $25.16Trending at AU $27.13
About this product
- DescriptionAcupuncture, Chinese herbs, qigong, tui na massage and diet therapy have been used by the Chinese for over 2000 years, and they are still the treatments of choice for millions of people throughout the East. Now, Westerners are becoming aware of the many benefits of these potent therapies and the popularity of Chinese medicine is spreading rapidly. Covering everything from the basic theory of Chinese medicine to how to find a practitioner, the book provides a definitive introductory guide to this ancient system. It includes explanations of each of the five therapies and their unique benefits as well as patients' first-hand experiences. With advice on choosing the right treatment, and comprehensive sections on useful addresses and further reading, the book provides everything readers need to kw about Chinese medicine at an introductory level. A practical handbook that provides all of the essential information, this book is the perfect introduction for anyone who wants to find out more about Chinese medicine, whether as a treatment option or for general interest.
- Author BiographyAngela Hicks qualified as an acupuncturist in 1976. She is co-founder and joint principal of the College of Integrated Chinese Medicine, Reading, UK, where she teaches and is a clinical supervisor. Angela is also a practitioner of Chinese herbal medicine and regularly practices qigong. She is joint Chair of the Council of Heads for Acupuncture Courses (CHAC).
- Author(s)Angela Hicks
- PublisherJessica Kingsley Publishers
- Date of Publication15/04/2013
- SubjectAlternative Therapies & Health
- Series TitleDiscovering Holistic Health
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintSinging Dragon
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight299 g
- Width130 mm
- Height197 mm
- Spine14 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.