All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $47.39Trending at AU $48.86
- AU $74.54Trending at AU $75.65
- AU $22.12Trending at AU $22.74
- AU $35.53Trending at AU $38.58
- AU $31.31Trending at AU $37.07
- AU $17.65Trending at AU $22.78
- AU $37.61Trending at AU $38.34
About this product
- DescriptionCorporate finance theory seeks to understand how incorporated firms address the financial constraints that affect their investment decisions. This is achieved by using varied financial instruments that give holders different claims on the firm's assets. Recent scholarship in this area explores precisely how legal mechanisms affect corporate finance and the development of financial markets. The legal environment is crucially important in explaining the choices that companies make about their capital structure. This book combines company law, capital market regulation and commercial law to give readers a detailed understanding of the legal and regulatory issues relating to corporate financial transactions. Informed by insights from the theoretical and empirical work of financial ecomists, the book examines, from a legal perspective, key elements of corporate financing structures and capital markets in the UK. The authors' practical experience of transactions and regulatory issues ensures that thorough scholarly inquiry and critical reflection are complemented by an assured understanding of the interface between legal principles and rules as they are documented and in their actual operation.
- Author BiographyEilis Ferran is Professor of Company & Securities Law at the University of Cambridge and the University JM Keynes Fellow in Financial Economics. Since April 2012 she has been Chair of the Law Faculty at Cambridge. She has written extensively on company law, corporate finance law and UK, EU and international financial regulation.; Look Chan Ho is a member of the Freshfields restructuring and insolvency group, based in London. He specialises in corporate insolvency, with a particular emphasis on cross-border insolvency. He has extensive experience in financial institutions resolution regimes.
- Author(s)Eilis Ferran,Look Chan Ho
- PublisherOxford University Press
- Date of Publication27/02/2014
- SubjectLaw: General & Reference
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintOxford University Press
- Content Noteblack & white tables
- Weight932 g
- Width171 mm
- Height247 mm
- Spine27 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.