All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.18
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $85.88
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $22.02
- AU $14.45Trending at AU $21.66
- AU $29.91Trending at AU $39.07
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $53.81
- AU $30.45Trending at AU $51.50
About this product
- Description* In order to draw the imaginary, you need to understand the real. Terryl Whitlatch reveals what is required to design imaginary animals and creatures, both realistic and stylized. Join her as she delves into the zoology behind Creature Design, from the bones and muscles, to Narrative Concept art and stylized characters.
- Author BiographyTerryl Whitlatch is an accomplished, scientifically and academically trained illustrator who extensively studied vertebrate zoology and animal anatomy. She has worked for various zoos and museums in the United States and as senior consultant on Wildlife Art and Animal Anatomy for the World Wildlife Fund. She is considered to be one of the top creature designers and animal anatomists working in the field today. In a career spanning more than 25 years, Whitlatch has many projects to her credit, including Star Wars: The Phantom Menace, Star Wars: The Special Edition, Jumanji, Men in Black, Brother Bear, Dragonheart, Alvin and the Chipmunks, Curious George, The Polar Express, and Beowulf. For over seven years, she worked for Lucasfilm, Industrial Light & Magic, and George Lucas s JAK Films. Her illustration skills and comprehensive knowledge of animal anatomy and movement are essential in the development of believable creature creation.
- Author(s)Terryl Whitlatch
- PublisherDesign Studio Press
- Date of Publication28/11/2015
- SubjectThe Arts: General & Reference
- Place of PublicationCulver City
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintDesign Studio Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations, colour illustrations
- Weight998 g
- Width236 mm
- Height305 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Interest AgeFrom 13
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.