All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionPrinciples of Forecasting: A Handbook for Researchers and Practitioners summarizes kwledge from experts and from empirical studies. It provides guidelines that can be applied in fields such as ecomics, sociology, and psychology. It applies to problems such as those in finance (How much is this company worth?), marketing (Will a new product be successful?), personnel (How can we identify the best job candidates?), and production (What level of inventories should be kept?). The book is edited by Professor J. Scott Armstrong of the Wharton School, University of Pennsylvania. Contributions were written by 40 leading experts in forecasting, and the 30 chapters cover all types of forecasting methods. There are judgmental methods such as Delphi, role-playing, and intentions studies. Quantitative methods include ecometric methods, expert systems, and extrapolation. Some methods, such as conjoint analysis, analogies, and rule-based forecasting, integrate quantitative and judgmental procedures. In each area, the authors identify what is kwn in the form of 'if-then principles', and they summarize evidence on these principles. The project, developed over a four-year period, represents the first book to summarize all that is kwn about forecasting and to present it so that it can be used by researchers and practitioners. To ensure that the principles are correct, the authors reviewed one ather's papers. In addition, external reviews were provided by more than 120 experts, some of whom reviewed many of the papers. The book includes the first comprehensive forecasting dictionary.
- Author BiographyProfessor Armstrong is the author of Long-Range Forecasting and he is a founder of the Journal of Forecasting, the International Journal of Forecasting, the International Institute of Forecasting and the International Symposium on Forecasting. For additional information on the book and on the Forecasting Principles Project, see the home page.
- PublisherKluwer Academic Publishers
- Date of Publication31/01/2002
- SubjectManagement Techniques: Professional
- Series TitleInternational Series in Operations Research & Management Science
- Series Part/Volume Numberv. 30
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintKluwer Academic Publishers
- Content Notebiography
- Weight1663 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine21 mm
- Edited byJon Scott Armstrong
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Edition StatementNew edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $60.69Trending at AU $73.28
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $99.54
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.78
- AU $33.32Trending at AU $36.33
- AU $36.16Trending at AU $48.86
- AU $18.16Trending at AU $21.21
- AU $25.01Trending at AU $27.39
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.