All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionFor a combined, one-semester, junior/senior-level course in Igneous and Metamorphic Petrology. Also useful for programs that teach Igneous Petrology and Metamorphic Petrology. Typical texts on igneous and metamorphic petrology are geared to either advanced or vice petrology students. This unique text offers comprehensive, up-to-date coverage of both igneous and metamorphic petrology in a single volume--and provides the quantitative and technical background required to critically evaluate igneous and metamorphic phemena in a way that students at all levels can understand. The goal throughout is for students to be able to apply the techniques--and enjoy the insights of the results--rather than tinker with theory and develop everything from first principles.
- Author BiographyJohn D. Winter did his undergraduate work in geology at the University of Illinois at Urbana, and earned his M.S. and Ph.D. at the University of Washington in Seattle. Now Professor of Geology at Whitman College in Walla Walla, Washington, his principal fields of interest are in metamorphic petrology, mineralogy and crystallography, and geochemistry. He has spent several summers in Greenland, a summer in Labrador, and another in Norway, where he studied processes that take place during the formation and subsequent development of the ancient deep continental crust. He is also working on contact metamorphism in the Wallowa Mountains of NE Oregon. Briefly, he also worked as an exploration geologist in New Guinea. Professor Winter teaches Mineralogy, Igneous and Metamorphic Petrology, Introductory Geology, Environmental Geology, and Geochemistry. Outside the classroom, his interests include travel, mountaineering, hiking, mountain biking, and telemark skiing.
- Author(s)John D. Winter
- PublisherPearson Education (US)
- Date of Publication16/02/2009
- SubjectEarth Sciences
- Place of PublicationUpper Saddle River
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPrentice Hall
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight1626 g
- Width216 mm
- Height285 mm
- Spine29 mm
- Edition Statement2nd New edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $99.54
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.78
- AU $33.32Trending at AU $36.33
- AU $31.69Trending at AU $33.69
- AU $19.98Trending at AU $22.99
- AU $36.16Trending at AU $49.55
- AU $26.67Trending at AU $29.78
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.