All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.99Trending at AU $75.20
- AU $65.90Trending at AU $72.08
- AU $64.90Trending at AU $71.02
- AU $100.89Trending at AU $103.83
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.26
- AU $57.95Trending at AU $58.87
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $112.98
About this product
- DescriptionPrinciples of Neurobiology presents the major concepts of neuroscience with an emphasis on how we kw what we kw. The text is organized around a series of key experiments to illustrate how scientific progress is made and helps upper-level undergraduate and graduate students discover the relevant primary literature. Written by a single author in a clear and consistent writing style, each topic builds in complexity from electrophysiology to molecular genetics to systems level in a highly integrative approach. Students can fully engage with the content via thematically linked chapters and will be able to read the book in its entirety in a semester-long course. Principles of Neurobiology is accompanied by a rich package of online student and instructor resources including animations, journal club suggestions, figures in PowerPoint, and a Question Bank for adopting instructors. Principles of Neurobiology is additionally supported by the Garland Science Learning System. This homework platform is designed to evaluate and improve student performance and allows instructors to select assignments on specific topics and review the performance of the entire class, as well as individual students, via the instructor dashboard. Students receive immediate feedback on their mastery of the topics, and will be better prepared for lectures and classroom discussions. The user-friendly system provides a convenient way to engage students while assessing progress. Performance data can be used to tailor classroom discussion, activities, and lectures to address students' needs precisely and efficiently. For more information and sample material, visit http://garlandscience.rocketmix.com/.
- Author BiographyDr. Liqun Luo earned his bachelor degree from University of Science & Technology of China and PhD from Brandeis University. Since 1997, Dr. Luo has taught neurobiology to undergraduate and graduate students at Stanford University, where he also directs a lab studying the assembly and function of neural circuits. Dr. Luo is a member of the National Academy of Sciences and the American Academy of Arts and Sciences, and an Investigator of the Howard Hughes Medical Institute.
- Author(s)Liqun Luo
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Inc
- Date of Publication26/08/2015
- SubjectLife Sciences: General
- Place of PublicationCT
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintGarland Publishing Inc
- Content Note625 black & white illustrations
- Weight1338 g
- Width216 mm
- Height279 mm
- Spine23 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.