All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $46.25Trending at AU $49.54
- AU $3.75Trending at AU $7.40
- AU $27.04Trending at AU $31.95
- AU $70.89Trending at AU $79.84
- AU $20.50Trending at AU $24.15
- AU $22.60Trending at AU $23.10
- AU $17.07Trending at AU $23.45
About this product
- DescriptionThe versatility of oocyte and embryo donation has proven to be extremely valuable to both patients and doctors engaged in reproductive medicine. Originally thought to be applicable only to a rather small subset of infertile women, today busy practices commonly recommend the procedure and it is estimated that nearly all of the 400 or more IVF programs in the United States provide these services. Oocyte and embryo donation has established itself as a mainstay procedure within assisted reproductive care, and the breadth, depth and complexity of practice is deserving of focused attention. Much has changed within the field of oocyte and embryo donation since the publication of the first edition of Principles of Oocyte and Embryo Donation in 1998, thus the need for a completely updated and more expansive text. The second edition of this book provides an overview of the major issues affecting men and women engaged in the practice of oocyte and embryo donation. A primary emphasis has been placed on defining the standards of practice that have evolved over the past 30 years, clearly stating the outcomes expected from adhering to these established protocols. Details of both the basic science and the clinical medicine are presented together and attention is also focused on the n-reproductive aspects inherent to this unique method of assisted reproduction that involves opinions from lawyers, ethicists, mental health care professionals and theologians. Oocyte and embryo donation requires a working kwledge of the medicine, the law and the ethics that underlies its foundation. This book is intended to serve as a complete and comprehensive reference for all health care professionals that provide services related to egg donation, reproductive endocrilogists, obstetrician- gynecologists, and fellows and residents entering the fertility field.
- Author BiographyMark V. Sauer, MD is a pioneer in the field of donor oocyte and embryo transfer and has been responsible for advancing the field of reproductive medicine through several of his projects. He is principally known for his work in the field of donor oocyte and embryo transfer and achieved the world's first donor egg pregnancies in menopausal women. Dr. Sauer is currently Professor of Obstetrics and Gynecology and Program Director of the Division of Reproductive Endocrinology at Columbia University Medical Center, New York. He has served on the editorial board of several medical journals and has authored more than 300 peer review articles related to Reproductive Endocrinology and infertility.
- PublisherSpringer London Ltd
- Date of Publication01/03/2013
- SubjectClinical Medicine: Professional
- Place of PublicationEngland
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintSpringer London Ltd
- Content Note57 black & white tables, biography
- Weight1111 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine28 mm
- Edited byMark V. Sauer
- Edition Statement2nd ed. 2013
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.