Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $14.50Trending at AU $17.16
- AU $30.81Trending at AU $34.97
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $13.95
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $55.45
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $99.82
- AU $28.58Trending at AU $36.57
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $32.12
About this product
- DescriptionPrinciples of Organic Chemistry provides easy access to the core information in the feild and makes a comprehensive approach to desseminate information in a clear and systematic manner. The book is presented and organized in a way to discourage students from rote learning. It covers all the topics in Organic Chemistry included in the sylabi of Indian universities for undergraduate courses. Special emphasis is given to the basic concepts viz. acids and bases, hybridization and resonance. Functional groups, which are extremely important for the understanding of Organic Chemisrty, have been dicussed along with the hydrocarbons and the orgametallic compounds. Other important topics covered include sulfur compounds, oxidations and reductions. All the important topics are represented in a format which is ideal for learning and rapid revision.
- Author BiographyRakesh K. Parashar completed his Ph.D. form the University of Delhi in 1990in the area of Synthetic Organic Chemistry. Subsequently he pursued his post-doctorate from the University of Barcelona, Spain. He has published 25 papers in national and international journals of high repute. He has also delivered several lectures in India and abroad. He is the author of 6 books published by various Indian and international publishing houses. Dr. Parashar holds the position of Associate Professor at the Department of Chemistry, Kirori Mal College, University of Delhi, India. He ahs been teaching undergraduate students and postgraduate students since 1990 and has research experience of more than 20 years. V. K. Ahluwalia is a retired professor from the Chemistry Department, University of Delhi, Delhi, India. He has published 300 research papers and a large number of books.
- Author(s)Rakesh Kumar Parashar,V. K. Ahluwalia
- PublisherViva Books
- Date of Publication30/12/2014
- SubjectScience & Mathematics: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationNew Delhi
- Country of PublicationIndia
- ImprintViva Books
- Content NoteIllustrated
- Weight525 g
- Width165 mm
- Height241 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.