All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.09
- AU $166.94Trending at AU $170.17
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $117.55
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $108.59
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $106.99
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $52.38
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $105.54
About this product
- DescriptionThis study guide has been revised to give practical guidance on the new standards for Qualified Teacher Status (QTS) and updated in line with the latest special needs Code of Practice and recent legislation. It is a firm base for student teachers on all types of initial teacher education courses - PGCE, BA (QTS), BEd and modular - and for those returning to primary teaching after a career break. It also serves as a 'refresher course' for experienced teachers, especially those transferring to primary teaching from other phases of education. Sufficiently rooted in practicalities to bridge the torious theory/practice divide, the book is challenging and inspiring. Its friendly, supportive and interactive style enables the reader to take control of the learning process and there are planning sheets, pro formas and reminders to develop effective classroom practice. Each chapter provides its own learning objectives, followed by information, insights, activities and references to other sources of information and guidance. Overall, the Guide is an excellent starting point for those who wish to become good teachers of primary school children.
- Author BiographyPat Hughes is Senior Lecturer in Primary Education at Liverpool Hope University College and has taught extensively in Early Years, Primary and Further Education settings. She has written numerous publications for teachers, students and children including the in-house version of this text, initially developed as the core text for PGCE courses at Liverpool Hope.
- Author(s)Pat Hughes
- PublisherDavid Fulton Publishers Ltd
- Date of Publication16/04/2008
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintDavid Fulton Publishers Ltd
- Content Note29 black & white tables
- Weight612 g
- Width189 mm
- Height246 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
- Edition Statement3rd Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.