All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionEncouraging creative uses of reinforced concrete, Principles of Reinforced Concrete Design draws a clear distinction between fundamentals and professional consensus. This text presents a mixture of fundamentals along with practical methods. It provides the fundamental concepts required for designing reinforced concrete (RC) structures, emphasizing principles based on mechanics, experience, and experimentation, while encouraging practitioners to consult their local building codes. The book presents design choices that fall in line with the boundaries defined by professional consensus (building codes), and provides reference material outlining the design criteria contained in building codes. It includes applications for both building and bridge structural design, and it is applicable worldwide, as it is t dependent upon any particular codes. * Contains concise coverage that can be taught in one semester * Underscores the fundamental principles of behavior * Provides students with an understanding of the principles upon which codes are based * Assists in navigating the labyrinth of ever-changing codes * Fosters an inherent understanding of design The text also provides a brief history of reinforced concrete. While the initial attraction for using reinforced concrete in building construction has been attributed to its fire resistance, its increase in popularity was also due to the creativity of engineers who kept extending its limits of application. Along with height achievement, reinforced concrete gained momentum by providing convenience, plasticity, and low-cost ecomic appeal. Principles of Reinforced Concrete Design provides undergraduate students with the fundamentals of mechanics and direct observation, as well as the concepts required to design reinforced concrete (RC) structures, and applies to both building and bridge structural design.
- Author(s)Mete A. Sozen,Santiago Pujol,Toshikatsu Ichinose
- PublisherApple Academic Press Inc.
- Date of Publication14/07/2014
- SubjectEngineering & Technology: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationOakville
- Country of PublicationCanada
- ImprintApple Academic Press Inc.
- Content Note224 black & white illustrations, 4 black & white tables
- Weight632 g
- Width156 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Format DetailsUnsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $46.25Trending at AU $49.65
- AU $3.73Trending at AU $7.41
- AU $27.04Trending at AU $31.41
- AU $70.90Trending at AU $78.37
- AU $25.16Trending at AU $27.12
- AU $19.24Trending at AU $24.20
- AU $22.60Trending at AU $23.15
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.