All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $14.50Trending at AU $17.16
- AU $30.82Trending at AU $34.97
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $13.95
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $55.45
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $99.82
- AU $28.58Trending at AU $36.57
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $32.12
About this product
- DescriptionGood teacher education t only enhances the understanding and skills of new teachers, but increases the likelihood of them staying in the profession. In Priorities in Teacher Education, Clare Kosnik and Clive Beck argue that teacher preparation should be given sharper focus, identifying seven priority areas: * program planning * pupil assessment * classroom organization and community * inclusive education * subject content and pedagogy * professional identity * a vision for teaching Long-time teacher education instructors and researchers themselves, the authors identified these priorities through literature-based research and the findings of a three-year study following twenty-two graduates through their first years of teaching. Packed with examples and quotes about these experiences, the book is broken down into seven chapters, each focusing on one of the seven priorities and containing a case study of one teacher whose experiences embody the priority being discussed. As the chapters progress, the authors increasingly demonstrate the interplay between the seven priorities, showing that ne of them can be pursued in isolation, and building a comprehensive base of essential kwledge for beginning teachers. Teacher educators will find Priorities in Teacher Education a key guide to pre-service preparation, while new and student teachers will benefit ermously from reading the 'front line' accounts of their contemporaries.
- Author BiographyClare Kosnik is Associate Professor and Head of the Centre for Teacher Development in the Department of Curriculum, Teaching and Learning at the Ontario Institute for Studies in Education, University of Toronto. Clive Beck is Professor in the Centre for Teacher Development and the Department of Curriculum, Teaching and Learning at the Ontario Institute for Studies in Education, University of Toronto.
- Author(s)Clare Kosnik,Clive Beck
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication27/02/2009
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Weight340 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.