All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $79.06
- AU $70.86Trending at AU $126.78
- AU $6.83Trending at AU $10.44
- AU $26.88Trending at AU $29.49
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $22.27
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.41
- AU $40.00Trending at AU $40.65
About this product
- DescriptionWhat s a congressman from Virginia doing in places where bullets fly and babies starve? Thirty years ago, Frank Wolf was elected to the U.S. Congress to address local transportation issues. Fueled by a faith that made him believe he could do something about it, the congressman grew to champion human and religious rights around the world from cracking down on gang-related crimes in the U.S. to relieving suffering from war, AIDS, and famine in places like Darfur, China, and Bosnia. Eventually, he became a key proponent of opposing radical Jihadists and creating a National Committee on Terrorism. As Wolf visited some of the most dangerous places in the world, he saw firsthand the need for members of Congress to speak out for persecuted people around the globe. In Prisoner of Conscience, he shares intimate stories of his adventures from the halls of political power to other dangerous places around the world, what he has learned along the way, and what you can do about it w.
- Author BiographyCongressman Frank Wolf has represented Virginia's 10th District since 1980, making him one of the most senior members of the House of Representatives (only 19 of the 435 members have served longer than Rep. Wolf).For three decades now, Frank Wolf has partnered across the aisle to become the foremost voice on human rights in Congress.Congressman Wolf is a native of Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. He earned a bachelor's degree from Penn State University in 1961, and a law degree from Georgetown University in 1965. He and his wife, Carolyn, live in Vienna, Virginia. They are the parents of five children and the grandparents of 13 grandchildren.
- Author(s)Anne Morse,Frank Wolf,Zondervan Publishing
- Date of Publication10/08/2010
- SubjectChristianity: General
- Place of PublicationGrand Rapids
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- First Published2010
- Out-of-print date20/03/2014
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight515 g
- Width160 mm
- Height236 mm
- Spine27 mm
- Interest AgeFrom 18 To 99
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.