Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $46.25Trending at AU $49.65
- AU $3.73Trending at AU $7.41
- AU $27.04Trending at AU $31.16
- AU $70.90Trending at AU $78.37
- AU $25.16Trending at AU $27.12
- AU $20.50Trending at AU $24.20
- AU $22.60Trending at AU $23.15
About this product
- DescriptionMy core purpose for writing this book is to offer a clear defense of the real world of biological materialism against several reproaches made by the world of idealism. The dominance of Idealism in the Western world, in the forms of religion, mysticism, superstition and man's genuine wondering about the workings of the natural world, began in early human civilization. Everyone who was anyone had his or her own favored theory of where or when mysticism and the superstition of religion originated. Lack of genuine scientific kwledge of the biological world led to various explanations to answer the question of why we existed. This fundamental question was finally answered by the Darwinian theory of natural selection. The idealists answer would be that we were created by God. This is the fundamental division between the biological materialists' world of natural selection and the idealists' belief in the creation of the world. Scientific materialism covers the relationship between Matter Over Mind and the basic proposition from biological science that living matter existed before mankind, that the mind did t appeared until the organic matter of the brain was organized with the complexity for it to think.In dealing with the concept of Idealism, the reader should be aware the as Prisoners of Idealism we follow the premise of Mind Over Matter delusion and that this delusion has become destructive in a very real and personal way.
- Author BiographyConstantine Issighos is a contributing author on publications dealing with Scientific Materialism and Dialectics of Pedagogy of Social Praxis. He is also a life long artist in Tapestry Weaving, artist in Etching Glass, and author of various books dealing with contemporary social issues such as the War on Drugs.
- Author(s)Constantine Issighos
- Date of Publication25/09/2010
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight649 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.