All listings for this product
Save on Audio Books
- AU $28.19Trending at AU $29.61
- AU $25.20Trending at AU $36.47
- AU $44.16Trending at AU $49.27
- AU $44.90Trending at AU $48.13
- AU $18.09Trending at AU $23.09
- AU $35.89Trending at AU $36.86
- AU $42.29Trending at AU $45.86
About this product
- DescriptionA BBC Radio 4 dramatisation of the powerful vel set in the First World War, from the author of War Horse. This is the story of Thomas 'Tommo' Peaceful, a young soldier who finds himself in Belgium, in the trenches of the First World War, with his brother Charlie. It is also the story of Tommo's life, growing up in Devon with his brothers, and of his love for Molly, the beautiful girl he met on his first day at school. As the story unfolds, from past to present, so approaches the hour when Tommo and Charlie will be separated for ever. The horrors of the First World War, and the injustice meted out to the soldiers who fought in it, are movingly described. Recorded on location Iddesleigh, the Devon village where the book is set, this radio dramatisation features among its cast Paul Chequer, Nicholas Lyndhurst and author Michael Morpurgo himself. It also features; Ted Allpress, Harvey Allpress, Amy Reade, Daniel Houghton, Paul Chequer, Mark Quartley, Annette Chown, Ben Allen, Alison Reid, Nick Brimble, Christopher Bianchi, Peter Ellis, Jonathan Keeble, Terence Mann, Simon Reade and Susan Roberts.
- Author BiographyMichael Morpurgo was born in 1943 and attended schools in London, Sussex and Canterbury. He studied English and French at London University, and became a primary school teacher in Kent. He has written over 120 novels for children, amongst which several have been adapted for stage, film and television, including War Horse, Private Peaceful, Why the Whales Came, Friend or Foe, My Friend Walter and Out of the Ashes. His books have variously been awarded the Whitbread Children's Book Award, Nestle Smarties Book Prize, Red House Children's Book Award and Blue Peter Book of the Year Award. He was the British Children's Laureate from 2003 to 2005.
- Author(s)Michael Morpurgo
- PublisherBBC Audio, A Division Of Random House
- Date of Publication17/07/2014
- SubjectHistorical & Mythological Fiction
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintBBC Physical Audio
- Weight104 g
- Width125 mm
- Height142 mm
- Spine11 mm
- Read byPaul Chequer,Michael Morpurgo,Full Cast
- Contained items statement2 Audio CDs
- Format DetailsCD standard audio format
- Running Time87
- Edition StatementA&M
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.