All listings for this product
Save on Textbooks
- AU $80.88Trending at AU $88.25
- AU $24.61Trending at AU $33.26
- AU $17.71Trending at AU $20.42
- AU $34.88Trending at AU $36.79
- AU $41.99Trending at AU $45.75
- AU $49.12Trending at AU $65.35
- AU $15.91Trending at AU $22.10
About this product
- DescriptionComparing cases in Sri Lanka and India, this study looks at the negative social implications of privatising state-run industries. The book praises the significant increases in efficiency brought about by privatisation around the globe, but warns that in poor countries many workers are forced into impoverishment, causing their leaders to question the wisdom of continuing with such efforts. Requiring private companies to add social initiatives is one solution, and these case studies show how joint initiatives between business and government have succeeded in restructuring the labor force, increasing transparency, and providing a social safety net.
- Author BiographyGopal Ganesh, IAS, is the author of Privatisation Around the World; Privatisation, Competition and Regulation in the United Kingdom; and Privatisation in India.
- Author(s)Ganesh Gopal
- PublisherAcademic Foundation
- Date of Publication15/09/2007
- SubjectEconomics: Professional & General
- Place of PublicationGhaziabad
- Country of PublicationIndia
- ImprintAcademic Foundation
- Content Noteblack & white tables
- Weight454 g
- Width146 mm
- Height222 mm
- Spine23 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.