All listings for this product
Save on Textbooks
- AU $80.88Trending at AU $88.25
- AU $24.61Trending at AU $33.26
- AU $17.71Trending at AU $20.42
- AU $34.88Trending at AU $36.79
- AU $41.99Trending at AU $45.75
- AU $49.12Trending at AU $65.35
- AU $16.12Trending at AU $22.10
About this product
- DescriptionPublic education is in crisis - and it has been for some time. The problem is, one can agree on the problem, and when there is agreement on the problem, developing solutions is nearly impossible. Thus writes Matthew T. Lambert in this study of present-day public higher education, which is currently plagued by momentous challenges. In Privatization and the Public Good, Lambert examines a range of developments related to the privatization of public higher education in the United States, including increasing institutional automy, higher tuition, diminishing appropriations, alternative revenue sources such as philanthropy and new business ventures, and modified governance relationships. These developments, in turn, have resulted in an uncertain future for public academic institutions across the country, posing unprecedented questions and challenges for them. Through a wide-ranging analysis of the current situation and detailed case studies that focus on prominent public universities in Virginia, North Carolina, and California, Privatization and the Public Good provides a paramic account of the challenges faced by public institutions. Insightful and essential, this book makes a crucial contribution to the current reassessment of higher education in the United States.
- Author BiographyMatthew T. Lambert is vice president for development at The College of William & Mary, USA.
- Author(s)Matthew T. Lambert
- PublisherHarvard Educational Publishing Group
- Date of Publication30/08/2014
- SubjectAdult & Further Education
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintHarvard Educational Publishing Group
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.