All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.18
- AU $13.90Trending at AU $17.77
- AU $94.90Trending at AU $97.55
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.18
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $37.24
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.85
- AU $71.09Trending at AU $79.99
About this product
- DescriptionChallenging the prevailing view of privatization, this book analyzes the state of privatization around the world and offers policy suggestions. It includes original material of an analytical, empirical, and case study nature on the theory and practice of privatization, its relationship with the globalization of capital, its political and ideological underpinnings, its political, social, and ecomic consequences around the world. Its originality, currency, and critical perspectives make it a unique source for a wide variety of audiences. The book's opening chapters deal with an extensive theoretical introduction followed by discussions on contracting out, public enterprise reform, and UN-led evaluations of contracting performance. In part two, the book turns to privatization and its flaws in major industrialized nations, including the United States, France, Germany, United Kingdom, and Australia. Part three analyzes privatization and its effects on policy and administration in Asian and Middle Eastern countries, including Post-revolutionary Iran, India, Singapore, Hong Kong-China, and Arab developing countries. Arguing that privatization is a poor policy with many dangers, the book offers suggestions for serious reform of public enterprise management and for alternatives to privatization.
- Author BiographyALI FARAZMAND is Professor of Public Administration at Florida Atlantic University. He is the author or editor of 17 books, including Modern Organizations: Administrative Theory in Contemporary Society (Praeger, 1994) and Public Enterprise Management (Greenwood, 1996).
- Author(s)Ali Farazmand
- Date of Publication30/12/2000
- SubjectEconomics: Professional & General
- Series TitleContributions in Economics & Economic History
- Series Part/Volume NumberNo. 220
- Place of PublicationWestport
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintGreenwood Press
- Content Noteindex
- Weight544 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Edited byAli Farazmand
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.