All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn the last few years, Android has progressed with the debut of better fonts, new User Interface and Experience (UI/UX) APIs, tablet considerations, multi-touch capabilities, multi-tasking, faster performance, improved battery management techniques, and w Google TV Android Apps for the Android game app developer repertoire. With actionable real-world source, Pro Android Games, Second Edition shows you how to build more sophisticated and addictive Android games, by leveraging the power of these recent advancements found in the new Android Jelly Beans development platform as well as those you've counted on in earlier releases. Multi-touch code gives these games and their players dynamic input and exchange ability, for a more realistic arcade game experience. Faster and better performance offers game players a more seamless, fun arcade experience like never before on Android. There is also improved native C/C++ integration with Android's NDK as well, which makes coding, compiling, and converting both productive and efficient with gains in app performance. *** NOTE: This book published previously as Advanced Android 4 Games. This edition covers game development for all Android SDK versions up to Jelly Bean / Android SDK 4.1. Pro Android Games, Second Edition features the following improvements: * Updates to the latest version of the Android SDK, NKD, plus the latest Eclipse IDE. * Greater focus on tablets the ever changing device resolutions, and hardware specs. * Native game development and hardware accelerated graphics. * Bigger and Better Real World Engines, such as Quake I and II Plus an oldie from the previous edition: Doom * Coverage of the new smart TV APIs (Google TV), UI, UX, multi-touch and multi-tasking features available with Android Jelly Bean. * A look into the future with augmented reality * Advanced techniques for improving your game playing experience including better multi-tasking, improved performance optimization, battery management and more. * A Quake 3D -like game app case study You'll definitely have fun, and perhaps you'll even make some money. Enjoy!
- Author BiographyVladimir Silva holds a master's degree in computer science from Middle Tennessee State University. He worked for four years at IBM as a research engineer, where he acquired extensive experience in distributed and grid computing research. Vladimir is a highly technical, focus-based individual and team player. He belongs to two national honor societies, has published many computer science articles for IBM, and is author of Grid Computing for Developers (Charles River Media, 2005) and RCP Practical Projects (Apress, 2008).
- Author(s)Vladimir Silva
- Date of Publication10/10/2012
- SubjectComputer Games: Programming
- Place of PublicationBerkley
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Notebiography
- Weight728 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine21 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Edition Statement2nd ed. 2012
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.25
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.80
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $85.96
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $22.27
- AU $34.66Trending at AU $36.07
- AU $29.91Trending at AU $39.11
- AU $50.46Trending at AU $57.09
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.