All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.82
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.80
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $74.86
- AU $28.70Trending at AU $36.95
- AU $44.96Trending at AU $47.10
- AU $24.91Trending at AU $28.23
- AU $9.83Trending at AU $13.31
About this product
- DescriptionPro Android Graphics is a comprehensive goldmine of kwledge and techniques that will help you design, create, and optimize 2D graphics for use in your Android Jelly Bean applications. Android application developer and expert multimedia producer Wallace Jackson of Mind Taffy Design shows you how to leverage Android's powerful graphics APIs in conjunction with professional open source graphics design tools such as GIMP 2.8.6 and more. You'll learn about: * The foundational graphics concepts behind the three core new media areas (digital imaging, digital video, and 2D animation) which relate to graphics design, and how to optimize these new media assets for your Android applications across iTVs, tablets, eReaders, game consoles, and smartphones. * Digital imaging techniques for Android apps design, including graphics design layouts and graphical user interface elements, and how to use image compositing techniques to take your digital imaging to far higher levels. * Advanced image compositing and blending techniques, using Android's PorterDuff, NinePatch, and LayerDrawable classes. * Advanced 2D animation techniques, using Android's Animation and AnimationDrawable classes. * Digital video optimization, playback, and streaming, using open source 3D (Terragen 3) and video (VirtualDub) applications, as well as professional video editing applications such as Squeeze Pro 9. You'll use these software packages with Android's VideoView and MediaPlayer classes, and add compositing to enhance your end-users' digital video experience.
- Author BiographyWallace Jackson has been writing for leading multimedia publications about his work in new media content development since the advent of Multimedia Producer Magazine nearly two decades ago, when he wrote about computer processor architectures for centerfolds (removable mini-issue insert) distributed at SIGGRAPH. Since then, Wallace has written for several other publications about his work in interactive 3D and new media advertising campaign design, including 3D Artist,Desktop Publishers Journal, CrossMedia, AVvideo and Kiosk Magazine.
- Author(s)Wallace Jackson
- Date of Publication16/10/2013
- SubjectComputing: Professional & Programming
- Place of PublicationBerkley
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Note458 black & white illustrations, biography
- Weight1155 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine32 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.