Pro Oracle SQL: 2013 by Robyn Sands, Jared Still, Riyaj Shamsudeen, Karen Morton, Kerry Osborne (Paperback, 2013)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $131.85+ AU $10.00 postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by roxy*books
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $116.94+ AU $4.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $46.25Trending at AU $49.67
- AU $3.73Trending at AU $7.42
- AU $27.04Trending at AU $31.43
- AU $70.89Trending at AU $80.38
- AU $19.24Trending at AU $24.21
- AU $22.60Trending at AU $23.16
- AU $17.07Trending at AU $23.51
About this product
- DescriptionPro Oracle SQL, Second Edition unlocks the power of SQL in the Oracle database-one of the most potent SQL implementations on the market today. To master it requires a multi-pronged approach: learn the language features, learn how and why the language features work, learn the supporting features that Oracle provides to help use the language effectively, and learn to think and work in sets. Karen Morton has updated the content for Oracle version 12c and helps you master powerful aspects of Oracle SQL from the inside-out. You'll learn analytic functions, the MODEL clause, and advanced grouping syntax-features that will help in creating good queries for reporting and business intelligence applications. Pro Oracle SQL, Second Edition also helps you minimize parsing overhead, read execution plans, test for correct results, understand performance management, and exert control over SQL execution in your database. You'll learn when to create indexes, how to verify that they make a difference, how to use SQL Baselines and Profiles to optimize and stabilize SQL execution plans, and much more. You'll also understand how SQL is optimized for working in sets, and that the key to getting accurate results lies in making sure that queries ask clear and precise questions. Pro Oracle SQL, Second Edition helps you work at a truly professional level in the Oracle dialect of SQL. You'll master the language, the tools to work effectively with the language, and the right way to think about a problem in SQL. * Endorsed by the OakTable Network, a group of Oracle techlogists well-kwn for their rigorous and scientific approach to Oracle Database performance * Comprehensive-goes beyond the language with a focus on what you need to kw to write successful queries and data manipulation statements. * Performance focused-teaches you how to measure the performance of your SQL statements and t just the syntax.
- Author BiographyKaren Morton is a consultant and educator specializing in application optimization in both shoulder-to-shoulder consulting engagements and classroom settings. She is a Senior Technical Consultant for Enkitec. For more than 20 years, Karen has worked in information technology. Starting as a mainframe programmer and developer, she has been a database administrator, a data architect and now is a researcher, educator and consultant. Having used Oracle since the early 90s, she began teaching others how to use Oracle over a decade ago. Karen is a frequent speaker at conferences and user groups, an Oracle ACE, and a member of the OakTable network (an informal association of Oracle scientists that are well known throughout the Oracle community). She blogs at karenmorton.blogspot.com.
- Author(s)Jared Still,Karen Morton,Kerry Osborne,Riyaj Shamsudeen,Robyn Sands
- Date of Publication29/10/2013
- SubjectComputing: Professional & Programming
- Place of PublicationBerkley
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Note28 black & white illustrations, biography
- Weight1082 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine30 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.