All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn more than forty years of pinstriping and making signs, there isn't much that East Coast Artie hasn't done. With Pro Pinstripe Artie shares everything he's leaned during his long career. Find out first hand why Artie chose a particular color combination, or a certain brand of paint for a particular job. To illustrate how pinstriping works in the real world, the bulk of this new book is made up of 12 start-to-finish pinstriping sequences performed by Artie and a small cadre of guest artists. Each of the guest artists, from Nubs, (Of Orange County Choppers fame), to Mr. Jay, Mikie Fredricks, Howie Nisgor, and Zeke Lamanski, have their own style, and their own contribution to this new pinstriping book. From basic strokes, to choosing the best color combination to deciding which paint to use for a job that will be clear coated later, there isn't much about pinstriping that Artie and his guests don't kw - and don't share with readers in this new 144 page book from ArtKulture, an imprint of Wolfgang Publications.
- Author BiographyEast Coast Artie started pinstriping at the ripe old age of 13. As he explains, I worked at a body shop after school and I was fascinated by the striping that Kenny the Mad Striper did when he came in to do a car. One day Kenny handed me a brush, and that's how I started. A month later I striped a '57 Ford for $20. And by the next year I was striping cars in my driveway and in the high school parking lot. Forty plus years later Artie is still at it, running a sign and paint shop in Myrtle Beach, South Carolina. When he's not running his shop, Artie can be found at hot rod events all over the country, or at the Syracuse Nationals where he runs Artie's Party, a panel jam where the panels created by guest various artists are sold at the end of the show - with proceeds going to charity. While most pinstripe artist would be thinking retirement thoughts by now, Artie is just hitting his stride, looking for that next gear as he cruises down the pinstriper's highway.
- PublisherWolfgang Publications
- Date of Publication15/01/2011
- SubjectRoad & Motor Vehicles: General Interest
- Place of PublicationStillwater, MN
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintWolfgang Publications
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight476 g
- Width216 mm
- Height279 mm
- Spine9 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $74.23Trending at AU $76.09
- AU $35.55Trending at AU $38.80
- AU $31.87Trending at AU $37.29
- AU $10.39Trending at AU $15.38
- AU $37.63Trending at AU $38.56
- AU $26.33Trending at AU $51.27
- AU $30.79Trending at AU $36.54
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.