Proactive Purchasing in the Supply Chain: The Key to World-Class Procurement by David N. Burt, Sheila D. Petcavage, Richard L. Pinkerton (Hardback, 2012)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $122.98+ AU $10.00 postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by roxy*books
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $116.94+ AU $4.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $47.36Trending at AU $49.47
- AU $74.12Trending at AU $76.60
- AU $22.09Trending at AU $23.03
- AU $35.48Trending at AU $39.06
- AU $26.74Trending at AU $37.56
- AU $17.66Trending at AU $23.07
- AU $37.61Trending at AU $38.86
About this product
- DescriptionA professional implementation guide focusing on certification, the green procurement process, return on investment, logistics, risk management, and social responsibility Supply Management, w in its 8th edition, has long been a favorite among supply management academics at every level, but has also proven to be extremely useful to professionals in the fields of supply chain management, procurement, project management, purchasing, and quality. Now, Proactive Purchasing in the Supply Chain transforms this classic book into the perfect package for those in the trenches, with details that show how a company can execute best-in-class procurement, and how to manage production and inventory control. The book also includes critical information on the new product development process to avoid costly design and production mistakes while producing successful engineering, marketing, production, and supply integration. Written by the most experienced team of authors in the field, with both real-world and academic backgrounds, this book will serve as an excellent study guide for the different certifications offered by the ISM, APICS, ASQC, and ASQ. Proactive Purchasing in the Supply Chain Includes examples of how design and execution of best-in-class procurement aspects of supply chain policy, procedures, programs, and contracts can make significant increases in return on investment (ROI) Emphasizes ethics, green, and social responsibility as well as global outsourcing Offers detailed coverage of the critical supply management aspects of production and inventory control Gives special attention to demand management, logistics, and incoming material transportation, including forecasting techniques--methods appropriate to procurement needs Includes case studies from such world-class firms as Pepsi-Cola, Parker Hannifin, Oatey, Eaton, Honda, The Cleveland Clinic, and Goodrich Landing Gear Helps save time and money for project managers and developers, regardless of industry Concentrates on total cost of ownership (TCO), and demonstrates the risks of a focus on price Serves as a great study guide for multiple association certifications
- Author BiographyDavid N. Burt, Professor Emeritus of Supply Management at the University of San Diego, has more than 50 years in the fields of procurement, supply management, and value network management. He was recognized by the National Association of Purchasing Management as a NAPM Professor in 1992. Dr. Burt's publications include seven books and numerous articles which have appeared in The Journal of Purchasing, Harvard Business Review, MIT'S Sloan Management Review, and others. Sheila D. Petcavage, is Assistant Professor and Business Coordinator at Cuyahoga Community College Western Campus. She has more than 15 years of purchasing and operations management experience and is an active member of the Institute for Supply Management (ISM), where she is the editor of their News Publications. Ms. Petcavage holds the Lifetime Certified Purchasing Manager (C.P.M.) Designation. Richard L. Pinkerton is Professor Emeritus of Marketing and Logistics at California State University, Fresno. A past Dean of the Graduate School of Administration at Capital University in Columbus, OH, he also served as Chair and Business Center Director of the Craig School of Business, California State University at Fresno. He is a Certified Purchasing Manager (C.P.M.) with a lifetime designation. Mr. Pinkerton is co-author with Dr. Burt of A Purchasing Manager's Guide to Strategic Proactive Procurement, published by the American Management Association.
- Author(s)David N. Burt,Richard L. Pinkerton,Sheila D. Petcavage
- PublisherMcGraw-Hill Education - Europe
- Date of Publication01/01/2012
- SubjectManagement & Business: General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintMcGraw-Hill Professional
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight1419 g
- Width193 mm
- Height241 mm
- Spine41 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.