Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.77
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $88.03
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.10
- AU $35.12Trending at AU $54.44
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $22.00
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $53.75
- AU $40.19Trending at AU $43.08
About this product
- DescriptionThe book has been designed to cover a comprehensive course in probability for the students of ecomics, statistics and the physical sciences. It presents a thorough treatment of probability ideas and techniques necessary for a firm understanding of the subject and has been designed in such a way that a previous acquaintance with mathematics and statistics is t necessary. For the students of n-mathematical background, all the mathematical tools such as permutation, combination, set theory, factorial, etc. required for the study of probability have been comprehensively discussed in the first chapter of this book. In the second chapter, various definitions of probability have been provided. The third chapter deals with the theorems of probability. Finally, fourth and fifth chapters have been devoted to the discussions of probability distributions and probability densities respectively. Each chapter begins with an introductory statement and important theorems and rules are set out from the text using italic fonts for easy revision by the students. There are a number of solved exercises in the text providing plenty of opportunity for practicing skills and developing a sound understanding of the subject. At the end of each chapter, a large number of problems have been provided to improve the understanding of basic concepts of probability. The book will be useful for students and teachers of various disciplines including physical sciences, engineering, geology, statistics, ecomics and sociology.
- Author(s)MR Samit Kumar
- Date of Publication01/05/2013
- FormatPaperback / softback
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight408 g
- Width127 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine22 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.