Probability, Statistics, and Stochastic Processes by Mikael Andersson, Peter Olofsson (Hardback, 2012)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $175.75Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by books2anywhereuk
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $168.94+ AU $4.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.15
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $117.64
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $108.68
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $52.42
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $105.63
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $89.41
- AU $86.99Trending at AU $97.42
About this product
- DescriptionPraise for the First Edition ...an excellent textbook ...well organized and neatly written. Mathematical Reviews ...amazingly interesting ... Techmetrics Thoroughly updated to showcase the interrelationships between probability, statistics, and stochastic processes, Probability, Statistics, and Stochastic Processes, Second Edition prepares readers to collect, analyze, and characterize data in their chosen fields. Beginning with three chapters that develop probability theory and introduce the axioms of probability, random variables, and joint distributions, the book goes on to present limit theorems and simulation. The authors combine a rigorous, calculus-based development of theory with an intuitive approach that appeals to readers' sense of reason and logic. Including more than 400 examples that help illustrate concepts and theory, the Second Edition features new material on statistical inference and a wealth of newly added topics, including: * Consistency of point estimators * Large sample theory * Bootstrap simulation * Multiple hypothesis testing * Fisher's exact test and Kolmogorov-Smirv test * Martingales, renewal processes, and Brownian motion * One-way analysis of variance and the general linear model Extensively class-tested to ensure an accessible presentation, Probability, Statistics, and Stochastic Processes, Second Edition is an excellent book for courses on probability and statistics at the upper-undergraduate level. The book is also an ideal resource for scientists and engineers in the fields of statistics, mathematics, industrial management, and engineering.
- Author BiographyPETER OLOFSSON, PhD, is Professor in the Mathematics Department at Trinity University. Dr. Olofsson's research interests include stochastic processes, branching processes, mathematical biology, and Poisson approximation. He is the author of Probabilities: The Little Numbers That Rule Our Lives, also published by Wiley. MIKAEL ANDERSSON, PhD, is Associate Professor in the Department of Applied Statistics at the Swedish University of Agricultural Sciences. Dr. Andersson's research interests include stochastic modeling of infectious diseases, epidemiology, and biological applications.
- Author(s)Mikael Andersson,Peter Olofsson
- PublisherJohn Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Date of Publication08/06/2012
- Place of PublicationHoboken
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight922 g
- Width162 mm
- Height236 mm
- Spine40 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.