All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.99Trending at AU $75.20
- AU $65.90Trending at AU $72.08
- AU $64.90Trending at AU $71.02
- AU $100.89Trending at AU $103.83
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.26
- AU $57.95Trending at AU $58.87
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $112.98
About this product
- DescriptionThis text grew out of the author's tes for a course that he has taught for many years to a diverse group of undergraduates. The early introduction to the major concepts engages students immediately, which helps them see the big picture, and sets an appropriate tone for the course. In subsequent chapters, these topics are revisited, developed, and formalized, but the early introduction helps students build a true understanding of the concepts. The text utilizes the statistical software R, which is both widely used and freely available (thanks to the Free Software Foundation). However, in contrast with other books for the intended audience, this book by Akritas emphasizes t only the interpretation of software output, but also the generation of this output. Applications are diverse and relevant, and come from a variety of fields.
- Author BiographyMichael G. Akritas has been teaching Statistics at Penn State University since 1985. He is the author of approximately 100 research publications dealing with a wide range of statistical topics. He has supervised 18 Ph.D. and 12 M.Sc. students and is currently supervising three Ph.D. students. He is co-Founder of the International Society for Nonparametric Statistics, former Director of the National Statistical Consulting Center for Astronomy and co-Editor of the Journal of Nonparametric Statistics. He held a three year affiliation with the National Technical University of Athens, and visiting appointments at MIT, Texas A&M University, University of Pennsylvania, University of Gottingen, University of Cyprus, Australian National University, and UNICAMP. He has been an elected Fellow of the Institute of Mathematical Statistics and of the American Statistical Association since 2001.
- Author(s)Michael G. Akritas
- PublisherPearson Education (US)
- Date of Publication27/12/2014
- SubjectScience & Mathematics: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight1111 g
- Width210 mm
- Height260 mm
- Spine24 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.