All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe theory of probability is a powerful tool that helps electrical and computer engineers to explain, model, analyze, and design the techlogy they develop. The text begins at the advanced undergraduate level, assuming only a modest kwledge of probability, and progresses through more complex topics mastered at graduate level. The first five chapters cover the basics of probability and both discrete and continuous random variables. The later chapters have a more specialized coverage, including random vectors, Gaussian random vectors, random processes, Markov Chains, and convergence. Describing tools and results that are used extensively in the field, this is more than a textbook; it is also a reference for researchers working in communications, signal processing, and computer network traffic analysis. With over 300 worked examples, some 800 homework problems, and sections for exam preparation, this is an essential companion for advanced undergraduate and graduate students. Further resources for this title, including solutions (for Instructors only), are available online at www.cambridge.org/9780521864701.
- Author BiographyJohn A. Gubner received his PhD in 1988 from the University of Maryland, College Park, after which he joined the University of Wisconsin, Madison, where he is currently a faculty member in the Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering. His research interests include ultra-wideband communications, point processes and shot noise, subspace methods in statistical processing, and information theory.
- Author(s)John A. Gubner
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication01/06/2006
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Note801 exercises
- Weight1380 g
- Width174 mm
- Height247 mm
- Spine33 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $90.88Trending at AU $93.04
- AU $28.71Trending at AU $30.82
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $78.83
- AU $34.29Trending at AU $38.68
- AU $26.78Trending at AU $29.35
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $17.94
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.21
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.