All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $14.50Trending at AU $17.20
- AU $72.88Trending at AU $77.86
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $55.58
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $100.05
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $32.19
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $96.28
- AU $19.03Trending at AU $22.17
About this product
- DescriptionProbability and Statistics for Engineers, 5e, International Edition provides a one-semester, calculus-based introduction to engineering statistics that focuses on making intelligent sense of real engineering data and interpreting results. Traditional topics are presented through a wide array of illuminating engineering applications and an accessible modern framework that emphasizes statistical thinking, data collection and analysis, decision-making, and process improvement skills.
- Author BiographyMadhuri S. Mulekar, Professor of Statistics, University of South Alabama, received her Ph.D. from Oklahoma State University. She is involved in teaching, research, and consulting activities with the faculty from the college of medicine, University of South Alabama hospitals, and Mitchell Cancer Institute. She has authored an exam-preparation book for Advanced Placement (AP) Statistics and has been involved with the AP Statistics exam since it was first administered, serving on the test development committee. She is actively involved in the American Statistical Association's efforts for improving statistics education by serving on various national committees such as Advisory Committee on Continuing Education and ASA-MAA joint committee on undergraduate statistics. Prof. Mulekar has published many research as well as teaching related articles. Recipient of many grants, she directed undergraduate research program in statistics that was funded by NSF. Dr. Mulekar is a Fellow of American Statistical Association and a recipient of outstanding scholar award by Phi Kappa Phi, the national honor society. Richard L. Scheaffer, Professor Emeritus of Statistics, University of Florida, received his Ph.D. in statistics from Florida State University. Accompanying a career of teaching, research and administration, Dr. Scheaffer has led efforts on the improvement of statistics education throughout the school and college curriculum. Co-author of five textbooks, he was one of the developers of the Quantitative Literacy Project that formed the basis of the data analysis strand in the curriculum standards of the National Council of Teachers of Mathematics. He also led the task force that developed the AP Statistics Program, for which he served as Chief Faculty Consultant. Dr. Scheaffer is a Fellow and past president of the American Statistical Association, a past chair of the Conference Board of the Mathematical Sciences, and an advisor on numerous statistics education projects.
- Author(s)James T. McClave,Madhuri S. Mulekar,Richard L. Scheaffer
- PublisherCengage Learning, Inc
- Date of Publication23/06/2010
- SubjectScience & Mathematics: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationCA
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Weight1588 g
- Width201 mm
- Height251 mm
- Spine33 mm
- Edition StatementInternational ed of 5th revised ed
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.