All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $46.25Trending at AU $49.65
- AU $3.75Trending at AU $7.41
- AU $27.04Trending at AU $31.16
- AU $70.90Trending at AU $78.37
- AU $32.98Trending at AU $39.96
- AU $20.50Trending at AU $24.20
- AU $22.60Trending at AU $23.15
About this product
- DescriptionA blend of fundamental and applied research related to their use, this volume looks at how probiotics can enhance human health. The book covers all aspects of intestinal microflora and offers a comprehensive review of the broad array of effects that can be attributed to probiotic usage. While the focus remains on the latest and most exciting findings in the field of gut health, this book also opens a window to the possible role of probiotics beyond the gut, such as in oral health care, allergic disorders and women's health. The book also reviews pertinent legislation regulating the use of probiotics across the globe with special emphasis on Japan, a country that pioneered the establishment of a regulatory framework for functional foods. Each chapter summarizes a topic, reviews current research, and discusses future direction. Most of the references that have been cited in the book chapters are recent. The methods applied make use of modern methodologies and good controls, and apply rational explanations for the probiotic benefits.
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Inc
- Date of Publication15/02/2011
- SubjectMedical Nursing & Ancillary Services
- Place of PublicationEnfield
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintScience Publishers,U.S.
- Content Note134 black & white illustrations, 11 colour illustrations
- Weight317 g
- Edited byG. Balakrish Nair,Yoshifumi Takeda
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.