Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $3.76Trending at AU $7.42
- AU $27.81Trending at AU $30.93
- AU $19.24Trending at AU $26.96
- AU $28.03Trending at AU $32.03
- AU $71.17Trending at AU $80.38
- AU $13.99Trending at AU $15.78
- AU $25.16Trending at AU $27.13
About this product
- Description<i>Problems of Law Enforcement</i> provides contemporary scholarship for students interested in learning about law enforcement and the interface between police and the people they serve. This anthology, which contains articles that are both scholarly and accessible, is a unique addition to the field of policing. The chapters offer a range of approaches, including empirical tests of law enforcement practices, treatment of cutting edge issues in a diverse workforce and in the post-911 world, and the contemporary treatment of social problems that affect policing, such as domestic violence, the nature of police work, and an examination of how race, class and gender shape police behavior. Key features include: - Coverage of both classic police readings and contemporary issues.- Essays from a diverse assortment of well-kwn authors and prominent scholars.- Selections are written in an accessible language to promote student comprehension. <b>Susan L. Miller</b> (Ph.D., University of Maryland) is Professor of Sociology and Criminal Justice at the University of Delaware and the author or co-author of numerous articles and books, including <i>Victims as Offenders: The Paradox of Women s Violence in Relationships</i> (Rutgers University Press), and <i>Gender and Community Policing: Walking the Talk</i> (Northeastern University Press). She publishes in the areas of criminal justice policy, gender and social control, violence against women, and victimology. <b>Ivan Y. Sun</b> (Ph.D., State University of New York at Albany) is Associate Professor of Sociology and Criminal Justice at the University of Delaware. Dr. Sun s main research interests include police attitudes and behavior, social institutions and crime, and crime and justice in Asian societies. He has published more than 45 referred journal articles, including over 30 papers on various issues in policing. Dr. Sun was a law enforcement officer for 13 years and has conducted more than 200-hour direct observation of patrol officers at work in several U.S. police departments.
- Author(s)Ivan Sun,Professor Susan Miller
- Date of Publication09/08/2011
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectPolitics: General & Reference
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight567 g
- Width203 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.