All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.83
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.78
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.22
- AU $67.69Trending at AU $74.92
- AU $31.51Trending at AU $36.87
- AU $44.28Trending at AU $46.99
- AU $25.61Trending at AU $28.40
About this product
- DescriptionThe Process Analytical Techlogy (PAT) initiative aims to move from a paradigm of 'testing quality in' to 'building quality in by design'. It can be defined as the optimal application of process analytical techlogies, feedback process control strategies, information management tools, and/or product-process optimization strategies. Recently, there have been significant advances in process sensors and in model-based monitoring and control methodologies, leading to ermous opportunities for improved performance of food manufacturing processes and for the quality of food products with the adoption of PAT. Improvements in process efficiency, reduced product variability, enhanced traceability, process understanding, and decreased risk of contamination are some of the benefits arising from the introduction of a PAT strategy in the food industry. Process Analytical Techlogy for the Food Industry reviews established and emerging PAT tools with potential application within the food processing industry. The book will also serve as a reference for industry, researchers, educators, and students by providing a comprehensive insight into the objectives, challenges, and benefits of adopting a Process Analytical Techlogy strategy in the food industry.
- Author BiographyDr PJ Cullen lectures and co-ordinates process engineering research in Dublin Institute of Technology. His current research interests include the development of novel hyperspectral, multipoint and 3D imaging systems for process control. He initiated the Food Quality, Safety & Analysis sessions at IFPAC the world's leading PAT conference and has served on its organising committee since. He has published over 100 journal papers & book chapters. Professor Colm O'Donnell is Vice Principal of Teaching & Learning in the UCD College of Engineering and Architecture where he leads a research team working on a range of Process Analytical Technology and Novel Processing Technology research projects in the School of Biosystems Engineering. He has published widely in the area of process analytical technology for dairy processing and holds two patents in this area. He is Editor of the International Journal of Food Properties and an Associate Editor (Food Engineering) of Transactions of the American Society of Agricultural and Biological Engineers. Dr Colette Fagan is a Lecturer in Food Processing Science and Director of the Food Processing Centre at the University of Reading. Her research focuses on Process Analytical Technology and in particular its application to dairy processing. She has published over 40 journal papers & book chapters and holds two patents for novel sensing technologies used in the control of dairy processing.
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication04/11/2014
- SubjectIndustrial Chemistry & Manufacturing
- Series TitleFood Engineering Series
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Note62 black & white illustrations, 45 colour illustrations, 21 black & white tables, biography
- Weight631 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine19 mm
- Edited byColette Fagan,Colm O'Donnell,P. J. Cullen
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.