All listings for this product
Save on Textbooks
- AU $39.95Trending at AU $54.70
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $71.60
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $13.63
- AU $18.90Trending at AU $23.23
- AU $26.38Trending at AU $38.31
- AU $53.34Trending at AU $56.23
- AU $28.48Trending at AU $29.68
About this product
- DescriptionAddressing modern process plant operations in an easy-to-understand format, this comprehensive book reveals the important role technicians play in the function of a business unit. The author thoroughly examines operator responsibilities and functions, from recognizing opportunities that improve process operations, to detecting and removing threats to steady-state operation. The book also systematically explores business fundamentals and the importance of quality, as well as the chemistry and physics of process operations, maintenance duties, material handling, and process troubleshooting techniques. Now thoroughly expanded and updated, the Second Edition of this trusted guide includes new chapters on jobs in process techlogy, environmental compliance, emergency response, and instrumentation. With numerous new and revised tables and photos, as well as additional learning resources to promote Internet research and critical thinking, the book is an even more useful and effective resource for current and future process plant technicians.
- Author BiographyMichael R. Speegle is currently the Department Chairman of Process Technology, Instrumentation and Electrical Technology at San Jacinto College in Pasadena, Texas. He holds a master's degree in biology from the University of Texas at Arlington, and has worked for 18 years in the petrochemical and refining industry in various roles. Retired from BP-Amoco, Speegle completed three oil and gas internships sponsored by BP to enhance the teaching of oil and gas exploration and production. He is also the author of several books and articles in the field and co-authored two textbooks for analyzer technicians. Speegle is a member of the Gulf Coast Process Technology Association and has received a certificate in oil and gas production from the Center for the Advancement of Process Technology.
- Author(s)Michael Speegle
- PublisherCengage Learning, Inc
- Date of Publication15/03/2015
- SubjectEngineering & Technology: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationClifton Park
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintDelmar Cengage Learning
- Weight771 g
- Width217 mm
- Height277 mm
- Spine16 mm
- Edition Statement2nd edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.