All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.88
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.86
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.37
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $75.12
- AU $31.50Trending at AU $37.08
- AU $44.28Trending at AU $47.26
- AU $24.09Trending at AU $28.39
About this product
- DescriptionThis book is about the administrative procedures of the European Union, which we see as the 'super glue' holding in place the sprawling structures of the EU governance system. The early chapters deal with the structures expansively defined, the diverse functions of administrative procedures in the EU and the values that underpin them, concentrating on the respective contributions of the legislature and administration. A separate chapter deals with the important procedural function of rights protection through the two Community Courts and the contribution of the European Ombudsman. We then turn to 'horizontal' or general procedures, dealing with executive law-making, transparency and the regulation of government contracting. A study of Commission enforcement procedure ends the section. 'Vertical' or sector-specific studies in significant areas of EU administration follow, including competition policy, cohesion policy (structural funds) and financial services regulation. Separate chapters deal with policing cooperation through Europol and with the interplay of international and EU institutions in the fields of environmental procedure and human rights. The final chapter contains the authors' reflections on current proposals for codification but ends with a general evaluation of the role and contribution of administrative procedure in the construction of the EU.
- Author BiographyCarol Harlow is Emerita Professor of Law at the London School of Economics and Political Science. Richard Rawlings is Professor of Public Law at University College London.
- Author(s)Carol Harlow,Richard Rawlings
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication20/11/2014
- SubjectEU Law: Professional
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- First Published2014
- ImprintHart Publishing
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight604 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine18 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.