All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionArts therapists are becoming increasingly interested in process as it is manifested in their work. The multiplicity of levels at which process operates is the theme of this new book. What happens during a therapy session is examined, as are the client's response, which is experienced through the medium of the art form itself, and the evolution of the relationship between therapist and client. Perspectives from across the arts therapy spectrum are included, with contributions from practitioners in dramatherapy, play therapy, art therapy, music therapy and dance movement therapy. Re-evaluating the nature of the practice, Process in the Arts Therapies expands and develops the theory.
- Author BiographyAnn Cattanach PhD, MSc, CTSD, RDTh, is Course Director in Play Therapy at the Roehampton Institute. She helped to develop the dramatherapy course at the Akademie de Kopse Hof, Nijmegen, the Netherlands, and supervises the play therapy course in Athens run by the Centre for Dramatherapy, Theatre and Therapy. Currently, she is working as a therapist for Harrow NHS Community Trust and acts as a child care consultant/therapist for several social service departments in London. She is the author of three books on play therapy published by Jessica Kingsley.
- Author(s)Ann Cattanach
- PublisherJessica Kingsley Publishers
- Date of Publication01/06/1999
- SubjectMedical Nursing & Ancillary Services
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintJessica Kingsley Publishers
- Content Notereferences, index
- Weight344 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Edited byAnn Cattanach
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $14.50Trending at AU $17.06
- AU $20.15Trending at AU $23.77
- AU $72.88Trending at AU $77.22
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $55.12
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $99.23
- AU $30.78Trending at AU $34.76
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $31.93
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.