All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $33.15Trending at AU $35.14
- AU $30.21Trending at AU $34.60
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $14.01
- AU $21.13Trending at AU $25.58
- AU $72.88Trending at AU $77.86
- AU $20.74Trending at AU $23.42
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $97.89
About this product
- DescriptionThe essays collected in this book focus on the multi-faceted relationship between German/Austrian literature and the cinema screen. Scholars from Ireland, Great Britain, Germany, Switzerland, Luxembourg, Portugal, USA and Canada present critical readings of a wide range of transpositions of German-language texts to film, while also considering the impact of cinema on German literature, exploring intertextualities as well as intermedialities. The forum of discussion thus created encompasses cinematic narratives based on Goethe's Faust, Kleist's Marquise of O..., Kubrick's film version of Schnitzler's Dream Story and Caroline Link's Oscar-winning adaptation of Stefanie Zweig's vel Nowhere in Africa. The wide-ranging analyses of the complex interaction between literature and film presented here focus on literary works by Anna Seghers, Hans-Magnus Enzensberger, Nicola Rhon, Gunter Grass, Heinrich Boll, Elfriede Jelinek, Rolf Dieter Brinkmann, Erich Hackl, Thomas Brussig, Sven Regener, Frank Goosen and Robert Schneider, as well as on adaptations by filmmakers such as Friedrich Wilhelm Murnau, Max Mack, Josef von Sternberg, Max W. Kimmich, Fred Zinnemann, Paul Wegener, Alexander Kluge, Volker Schlondorff, Hansjurgen Pohland, Hendrik Handloegten, Michael Haneke, Christoph Stark, Karin Brandauer, Joseph Vilsmaier, Leander Haussmann and Doris Dorrie.
- Date of Publication01/01/2007
- SubjectLiterary Criticism
- Series TitleAmsterdamer Beitrage zur Neueren Germanistik
- Series Part/Volume Numberv. 63
- Place of PublicationLeiden
- Country of PublicationNetherlands
- ImprintEditions Rodopi B.V.
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight718 g
- Width16 mm
- Height24 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Volume editorChristiane Schonfeld,Hermann Rasche
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.