All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $12.99Trending at AU $19.24
- AU $61.30Trending at AU $73.23
- AU $26.40Trending at AU $33.52
- AU $28.11Trending at AU $30.42
- AU $36.81Trending at AU $38.00
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.46
- AU $14.43Trending at AU $22.84
About this product
- DescriptionOver the last 40 years, poultry-meat production has undergone considerable expansion in much of the developed world. The industry has changed from an essentially farm-based operation to one where ecomies of scale in rearing and processing have led to a high degree of operational efficiency. As a sequel to these changes, however, there is w greater emphasis on product quality, rather than mere 'production at least cost'. Also, the more recent growth in further- processed and 'value-added' convenience items has helped to maintain a buoyant market for poultry, and has shown that the industry can rapidly adapt to changing consumer needs and preferences. It is in the areas of primary processing and further-processed product development that the greatest techlogical changes have occurred within the industry. Processing, in particular, has become more mechanical, so that most stages in the production of oven-ready carcasses or cut-portions are w either semi-or fully-automated, thus reducing labcur costs and helping to maximise the speed and efficiency of the process. However, t all of the changes that have taken place have necessarily been in the best interests of maintaining product quality, e.g. in relation to meat tenderness and microbial contamina- tion, and it is essential for any processor to understand fully the effects of processing on all aspects of meat quality, including the efficacy of possible control measures.
- Author(s)G. C. Mead
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication20/10/2012
- SubjectIndustrial Chemistry & Manufacturing
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Notebiography
- Weight552 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine22 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Edition StatementSoftcover reprint of the original 1st ed. 1995
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.