All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis second volume moves beyond a general introduction to product lifecycle management (PLM) and its principal elements to provide a more in-depth analysis of the subjects introduced in Volume 1 (21st Century Paradigm for Product Realisation). Providing insights into the emergence of PLM and the opportunities it offers, key concepts such as the PLM Grid and the PLM Paradigm are introduced along with the main components of PLM and the associated characteristics, issues and approaches. Detailing the 10 components of PLM: objectives and metrics; management and organisation; business processes; people; product data; PDM systems; other PLM applications; facilities and equipment; methods; and products, it provides examples and best practices. The book concludes with instructions to help readers implement and use PLM successfully, including outlining the phases of a PLM Initiative: development of PLM vision and strategy; documentation of the current situation; description of future scenarios; development of implementation strategies and plans; implementation and use. The main activities, tasks, methods, timing and tools of the different phases are also described.
- Author BiographyJohn Stark has worked in the Product Lifecycle Management sphere for more than 30 years, beginning in the 1980s and 1990s working in Computer Aided Design, Product Data Management, Business Process Improvement and Engineering Vision. He has worked as a consultant in Product Lifecycle Management since 2001 whilst in the last 15 years he has focused on helping companies implement PLM.
- Author(s)John Stark
- PublisherSpringer International Publishing AG
- Date of Publication03/11/2015
- SubjectManagement & Business: General
- Series TitleDecision Engineering
- Place of PublicationCham
- Country of PublicationSwitzerland
- ImprintSpringer International Publishing AG
- Content Notebiography
- Weight1160 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine37 mm
- Edition Statement3rd Revised edition
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $71.09
- AU $32.48Trending at AU $38.03
- AU $28.53Trending at AU $29.47
- AU $11.66Trending at AU $14.91
- AU $28.03Trending at AU $30.57
- AU $30.98Trending at AU $39.95
- AU $11.25Trending at AU $14.82
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.