Save on Textbooks
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.77
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $88.03
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.10
- AU $35.12Trending at AU $54.44
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $22.00
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $53.75
- AU $40.19Trending at AU $43.08
About this product
- DescriptionThis book covers the area of unpaced, unbalanced production lines. You will find an up-to-date discussion of how designing these lines can be made more efficient by taking advantage of inherent imbalance, for example operators who work at different speeds - a concept which has traditionally been seen as an obstacle to efficient production. A series of experiments are presented to illustrate the issues involved in improving performance through production line imbalance. This area is of interest to postgraduate and executive level students interested in the area of production, and to managers of manual or semi-automated production lines who are interested in invative approaches to line design. In this book you will find some surprisingly easy ways to improve performance with low or zero costs. Emphasis is placed on reducing the amount of time production lines lie idle, and on reducing work in process. This is a timely contribution to the field when managers are casting around for new ways to cut waste and reduce their use of natural resources.
- Author BiographySabry Shaaban France, Associate professor in the Department of Finance and Operations, ESC Rennes School of Business. Sarah Hudson France, Lecturer and researcher, ESC Rennes School of Business.
- Author(s)Sabry Shaaban,Sarah Hudson
- PublisherBusiness Expert Press
- Date of Publication01/06/2013
- SubjectManagement & Business: General
- Place of PublicationSterling Forest
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintBusiness Expert Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight190 g
- Width155 mm
- Height230 mm
- Spine9 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.