All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.86
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.84
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $75.02
- AU $28.70Trending at AU $37.03
- AU $44.96Trending at AU $47.20
- AU $24.91Trending at AU $28.29
- AU $9.81Trending at AU $13.34
About this product
- DescriptionNow in its third edition this text describes how the latest techniques in production planning and control are applied to contemporary industrial setups so as to meet the ever-increasing demands of industrial organisations for better quality of services, faster delivery of products and for adapting to the rapid changes taking place in the industrial scenario. The most effective strategy for planning and controlling production processes cant be a static, preconceived one. Instead, it has to be one that is flexible and capable of adapting to the erratic changes in demand patterns. Evolving such a strategy requires more practical skill than simple theoretical kwledge. This book explores the demands of the present industrial environment and the techniques for addressing these demands through case studies drawn from Indian industries. The efficacy of various planning strategies, the methods for implementing them, and their suitability for different industries are clearly explained through these cases. While the essentials of theory are covered, the stress is on developing the practical skills required to tackle the unpredictable problems and the unforeseen demands of modern industry. The book places emphasis as much on the principles of heuristic techniques as on the systematic approach to production planning. This book is intended for postgraduate students of management and undergraduate students of industrial engineering. It will also be useful to the teaching community and practicing professionals.
- Author BiographyS.K. Mukhopadhyay, PhD, formerly Professor, National Institute of Industrial Engineering, Mumbai, had a brilliant academic career. He won numerous awards including the university gold medal for obtaining first rank in the master's degree examination. Dr. Mukhopadhyay has also excelled as an academician, administrator and industrial consultant of international repute. He regularly contributes articles to national and international journals.
- Author(s)S. K. Mukhopadhyay
- PublisherPrentice-Hall of India Pvt.Ltd
- Date of Publication30/07/2015
- SubjectEngineering & Technology: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Country of PublicationIndia
- ImprintPrentice-Hall of India Pvt.Ltd
- Width160 mm
- Height241 mm
- Edition Statement3rd Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.