Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.40
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.83
- AU $94.90Trending at AU $96.53
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.28
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $37.18
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.95
- AU $69.55Trending at AU $86.07
About this product
- DescriptionThis is a doctrine of intelligent design through evolution is t going to find many friends. It is destined to encounter opposition on all sides. Among scientists the backlog of evolution will have little patience for intelligent design. Among religiousists, many who form intelligent design have their doubts about evolution. In the general public's mind there is a diametrical opposition between evolution and intelligent design: one excludes the other. This book will argue that this view of the matter is t correct, and that in actuality one can regard evolution itself as a pathway to intelligent design. We would do well to go beyond the origin of Species and - taking as our guide such works as W. Wentworth Thomson's On Growth and Form ackwledging that evolutionary adaptation can result in solutions of a sort that intelligence could readily ratify. Accordingly, what the present book seeks is a naturalization of Intelligent Design that sees such design as itself the result of natural and evolutionary processes.
- Author(s)Nicholas Rescher
- PublisherDe Gruyter
- Date of Publication15/09/2011
- Place of PublicationBerlin
- Country of PublicationGermany
- ImprintDe Gruyter
- Weight302 g
- Width148 mm
- Height210 mm
- Interest AgeCollege Graduate Student
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.