All listings for this product
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.18
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $85.88
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $22.02
- AU $14.45Trending at AU $21.10
- AU $29.91Trending at AU $39.07
- AU $35.37Trending at AU $37.41
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $53.81
About this product
- DescriptionThis book is a contribution to the study of morphological productivity, that is, the property of word-formation processes whereby new words are created to satisfy a naming need. It presents an up-to-date picture of this phemen, characterising its major attributes and addressing neighbouring theoretical concepts like availability, profitability or lexicalisation. Links are also established between those tions and N+N compounding, a word-formation process regarded as very productive but traditionally overlooked in studies of this type. Unlike other productivity surveys, mostly directed at affixation, a corpus of N+N compounds is here compiled to which the mainstream models of productivity are applied. This allows to detect the pros and cons of those proposals and to propose a model of productivity. Two measures, Indicator of Profitability (p) and Trend of Profitability (?), are introduced which can be applied across word-formation processes and are able to compute their productivity based on semantic categories.
- Author BiographyThe Author: Jesus Fernandez-Dominguez graduated in English Philology from the University of Jaen in 2004 and, since then, has studied English word-formation, with special attention to morphological productivity. He completed his doctoral thesis in 2008 with a European degree and is currently involved in a project on terminology at the University of Jaen.
- Author(s)Jesus Fernandez-Dominguez
- PublisherVerlag Peter Lang
- Date of Publication01/05/2009
- Series TitleEuropaeische Hochschulschriften / European University Studies / Publications Universitaires Europeennes
- Series Part/Volume Number341
- Place of PublicationPieterlen
- Country of PublicationSwitzerland
- ImprintVerlag Peter Lang
- Weight310 g
- Edition Statement1st New edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.