All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $28.69Trending at AU $30.81
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $78.80
- AU $44.48Trending at AU $52.87
- AU $34.28Trending at AU $38.66
- AU $26.88Trending at AU $29.34
- AU $44.27Trending at AU $52.85
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.19
About this product
- DescriptionIn today's global business environment it is necessary to communicate successfully across cultural boundaries of languages, styles, and values. Professional Communication in International Settings provides a practical way to help individuals deal with a variety of cultural practices by systematically developing their own capacity to learn culturally appropriate behaviors and actions. The book uses four communicative activities; telephone calls, resumes, presentations, and meetings; to show how the rapid development of new media techlogies and new contacts changes each area of professional communication. The volume presents a method for cooperative and comparative exchanges that allow organizational groups to get the information they need directly from their counterparts without lengthy training programs. Professional Communication in International Settings is a vital resource for both individuals and corporate groups looking to succeed in today's global market.
- Author BiographyYuling Pan is Managing Director of the Asian Sociocultural Research Projects, as well as Post-Doctoral Fellow in the Department of Linguistics, Georgetown University. She has trained US diplomats at the Foreign Service Institute of the US State Department and has taught in the United States, China, Hong Kong, and Finland. She is the author of Politeness in Chinese Face-to-Face Interaction (2000). Suzanne Wong Scollon is Research Coordinator of the Asian Sociocultural Research Projects at Georgetown University. Ron Scollon is Professor of Linguistics at Georgetown University. Together, they have written extensively on cross-cultural communication from academic positions in North American universities as well as in Taiwan, South Korea, and Hong Kong. They are the authors of numerous books and articles, including Intercultural Communication: A Discourse Approach (second edition, Blackwell 2001) and Narrative, Literacy, and Face in Interethnic Communication (1997).
- Author(s)Ron Scollor,Suzanne Wong Scollon,Yuling Pan
- PublisherJohn Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Date of Publication20/12/2001
- SubjectManagement & Business: General
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintBlackwell Publishers
- Content Note11
- Weight340 g
- Width154 mm
- Height227 mm
- Spine14 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.