All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.40
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.83
- AU $94.90Trending at AU $96.53
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.28
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $37.18
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.95
- AU $69.55Trending at AU $86.07
About this product
- Description**SECOND EDITION DUE FEBRUARY 2017** This collection of essays provides key insights into the role of the professional engineer and in particular the nature of professional engineering judgement; what it is, how to get it, how and when to use it. Topics include risk assessment, professional obligations, integrity, competence and professional development. Also: -Why Galileo's trial in 1633 is still relevant to engineers today. -Why risk assessment tools make good servants, but poor masters. -What to do when the inspector calls. -The importance of the 'first derivative' of your judgement. -Why stupid questions are smart! -Why your professional integrity is your gift to yourself. -The value of a bar stool to a professional engineer.</p> Examples are drawn from the author's experience in the process industries, but the principles exemplified will find application in all the engineering disciplines.
- Author BiographyHarvey T.Dearden BSc CEng FIET FInstMC MIMechE AFIChemE has worked in the process industry sector for over 35 years, and has been employed by a variety of vendors, contractors, consultants and end users. He now manages his own consulting practice providing support in matters of process control and protection, and associated risk assessment and management concerns. He is known to many through his involvement with professional engineering institutions and his many papers and articles.
- Author(s)Harvey T Dearden Ceng
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication17/07/2013
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectInventions & Technology: General Interest
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Out-of-print date16/03/2017
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight127 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine5 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.