All listings for this product
Save on Textbooks
- AU $28.12Trending at AU $33.33
- AU $17.71Trending at AU $20.16
- AU $34.88Trending at AU $37.21
- AU $41.99Trending at AU $46.07
- AU $49.28Trending at AU $65.48
- AU $15.91Trending at AU $22.15
- AU $35.63Trending at AU $50.64
About this product
- DescriptionProfessional Foundations focuses on the broader picture of massage therapy as a meaningful career, and the social, communication, and reasoning competencies needed for success in the field. It approaches massage therapy education as a holistic process ackwledging the need for developing personal as well as professional proficiencies. Topics include massage as a wellness profession, work settings, professionalism, social and communications skills, goal-oriented planning and documentation, therapeutic relationship and business ethics, and building a massage therapy practice including getting a job and developing a private practice. While there are competitive books on specific topics, such as business management in massage, ethics, and documentation, Professional Foundations for Massage Therapists is the only book on the market that puts all of these important topics together under one cover! With its unique four color interior and a video CD-ROM, this is a must have reference book for any massage therapist.
- Author BiographyDr. Patricia Benjamin is a self-employed author, teacher, education consultant and massage therapist. Patricia earned her Doctorate in Philosophy for Recreation and Leisure Studies from Purdue University. She also holds a Master's Degree in Science for Physical Education and a Certificate of Advanced Study for Curriculum and Supervision from Northern Illinois University. Patricia currently resides as the 3rd Vice-President, Newsletter Editor, Awards Chair President, and serves on the Government Relations Committee for the Illinois Chapter of the American Massage Therapy Association. Patricia is an accomplished author whose books include Tappan's Handbook of Healing Massage Techniques, published by Prentice Hall. In addition, she is an occasional contributor to the Massage Therapy Journal, and has written extensively on the history of massage therapy.
- Author(s)Patricia J. Benjamin
- PublisherPearson Education (US)
- Date of Publication28/07/2007
- SubjectAlternative Therapies & Health
- Place of PublicationUpper Saddle River
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPrentice Hall
- Out-of-print date29/10/2015
- Content Notecolour illustrations
- Weight839 g
- Width216 mm
- Height276 mm
- Spine16 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.