Professional IIS 7 by Kenneth Schaefer, Jeff Cochran, Scott Forsyth, Rob Baugh, Dennis Glendenning, Mike Everest (Paperback, 2008)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $62.09Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by books2anywhereuk
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $20.18+ AU $4.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAs the first update to Microsoft's server operating system in nearly five years, Windows Server 2008 boasts the new Internet Information Services 7.0 (IIS 7), which is the largest departure from previous versions of IIS ever. Written by an author team that includes four Microsoft MVPs, this book shows you how to take advantage of these exciting new features of IIS 7. With a clear understanding of IIS 7, you'll learn to deploy, install, monitor, manage, and secure an IIS environment with confidence and ease. Note: CD-ROM/DVD and other supplementary materials are t included as part of eBook file.
- Author BiographyKen Schaefer is a systems engineer consultant for global systems integrator Avanade. Avanade is a joint partnership between Microsoft and Accenture and focuses on enterprise projects across the Microsoft product stack. Ken has worked with IIS for around 10 years and has been a Microsoft MVP for IIS since 2003. He has presented at numerous Microsoft Tech.Ed events across the United States, Australia, and Asia; written articles for Microsoft TechNet; and spent countless hours talking about IIS at other events, user group meetings, and road shows. He is currently an MCSE, MCDBA, MCTS, and holds a Masters in Business and Technology from UNSW. When he isn't thinking about IIS, Ken can usually be found tinkering with Active Directory, Operations Manager, SQL Server, Windows Media Center, Virtual PC... Jeff Cochran is a Senior Network Specialist for the City of Naples, Florida, and has been employed in the computer networking industry for nearly two decades. Beginning with computer bulletin boards on a Commodore 64 in the early 1980s, he has worked with nearly every method of communication via computer since. In the early 1990s, he started the first commercial ISP in Southwest Florida, using Windows NT 3.51 systems for mail, web, and FTP servers. Jeff is married to Zina, a self-employed graphic designer, and spends his free time remodeling a 1950s home in Naples. Although most of his personal hobbies revolve around computers, he enjoys Geocaching and collecting pinball machines, and is still addicted to Age of Empires. Scott Forsyth works for ORCS Web, Inc. as the Director of IT. ORCS Web is a Microsoft Certified Partner offering web hosting services utilizing the IIS platform for hosting of ASP.NET, SharePoint, SQL Server, Exchange and other technologies. He is a Microsoft MVP for ASP.NET, an ASP Insider and has multiple MCP certifications. Scott is married and has two kids, Joel and Alisha, who don't work with IIS yet but do spend countless hours on the computer. When he's not in front of a computer, Scott leads a youth group at his local church, plays the drums and enjoys playing table tennis. Rob Baugh is the VP of IT for Anres Technologies. He has been in the IT field since 1999 and has worked with IIS the entire time. He has multiple Microsoft Certified Professional certifications. Rob is married to Stacy and they have one daughter, Emily. His passion (when away from computers) is scuba diving, so he recently relocated to Merida, Mexico to be closer to the blue waters of the Caribbean. Mike Everest has had an interest in computing from the time he first laid eyes on a PC at high school in 1978. He operated a series of Bulletin Board Systems throughout the 1980s while completing his undergraduate studies and experimenting with early Internet technologies. Mike began working with web servers in the early 1990s and established the first commercial web hosting platform in his regional hometown of Geelong, Australia. Since then, specializing in Internet infrastructure, hosting services, and ISP systems, he has participated in establishing and developing no fewer than seven technology companies, sold two, and maintains an ongoing interest in three. Mike is delighted to have had the opportunity to contribute to this book and is more than happy to receive comments, questions, and criticisms from readers. Dennis Glendenning (MA, MBA, MCSA+Msg, MCSE, PMP) is a Principal Systems Engineer with Avanade, where he provides design and delivery leadership for large-scale technology integration projects. Dennis's background includes graduate training, professional certifications, and a blend of technical and project management experience that spans more than 15 years. In addition to delivering technology architectures for Fortune 500 companies, Dennis has led several eCommerce infrastructure teams to leverage IIS in the public safety, insurance, and financial industries. Although he travels the United States for work, Dennis lives in
- Author(s)Dennis Glendenning,Jeff Cochran,Kenneth Schaefer,Mike Everest,Rob Baugh,Scott Forsyth
- PublisherJohn Wiley & Sons Inc
- Date of Publication11/03/2008
- SubjectComputing: Professional & Programming
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintWrox Press
- Content Notefigures
- Weight1246 g
- Width185 mm
- Height231 mm
- Spine47 mm
- Contained items statementContains Online resource
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.57
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $72.97
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.24
- AU $79.95Trending at AU $91.09
- AU $46.36Trending at AU $48.13
- AU $81.00Trending at AU $84.05
- AU $20.00Trending at AU $28.33
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.